Another favorite breakfast food is a frittata. Frittatas are italian omelettes that are baked in the oven versus top a stove. What I love about frittatas are that they’re very versatile. The only basics you need is eggs and milk. Everything else you put in is optional. It’s great for vegetables that aren’t fresh enough to be eaten raw but still good to cook. Here is what ya need:
– 8 eggs
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup spinach, cleaned and roughly torn up
– 1lb ground sausage
– 1/2 medium onion, chopped
– 2 cups graded cheese. (I choose a mexican cheese blend)
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cook the sausage and place on a paper towel, be sure to keep the grease in the pan. Chop the onion and cook in the sausage grease at medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and put in the spinach, stirring with a wooden spoon. Allow the spinach to wilt but don’t burn. Combine the eggs, milk, cheese, sausage, onion, spinach, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Lightly grease a 7×11 casserole dish and pour the entire mixture into it. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes, til the eggs are cooked through and the top has a nice golden color to it.
Alternative ingredients \\
– I will sometimes take cubed ham, brown it a little in a pan and add broccoli instead of spinach.
– Red and green peppers taste great in this as well.